Custom Terrains

Feel free to talk about anything here.. ..almost anything.
Forum rules
Welcome to the "General Discussions" section. Feel free to discuss anything not games-related here.

• Our general Forum Rules apply. Read before posting!
  • For general questions and support go to the F.A.Q. and our help desk.
  • Please check if your topic is already being discussed before posting a new one.
Frankie

Custom Terrains

Postby Frankie » 08 Jul 2015, 22:44

Good evening everyone,

I've been working on creating new terrains and am looking for ideas. I'm not talking about just not placing objects on a map, but whole new map terrains (like Altis). Take a look at the basic test map that I created when you get a chance. Keep in mind that there are no roads or built up areas on this and it is flat terrain, but this can be done for almost anywhere (custom base map for TFT8?).

Check it out and let me know what you think:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5nK-YTsxB5ZT0lwV3JWa29YalE/view?usp=sharing
Extract the file in your Arma 3 directory with the rest of your mods, turn on, and try it out.

I'm also aware that some of the buildings are sunk into the ground, again, this is just to demonstrate the capability.

If you're interested, this is a location outside of Kilkenny, Ireland.

-Frankie
"Wipeout" Frankie
CW3, AV
SOAC
Davies

Re: Custom Terrains

Postby Davies » 09 Jul 2015, 14:21

I've tried this quite awhile ago although bulldozer never worked for me. It's very interesting but to pull of a new terrain by creating custom level maps or using a real place as your template. It's a huge feat to be able to do on your own. So if suggest you look for members who can assist you on in. Specific jobs etc.
WO1 L.Davies
Pilot
Mixed Helicopter Company/1st Bn/160th SOAR "Razor"
Truly
Site Admin

Re: Custom Terrains

Postby Truly » 10 Jul 2015, 12:28

You could try to build winter Arma 3 map with mountains, caves, bridges, multilevel towns and some central point (city with a tower or large FOB with a radar station or a train station). Think where would you like to fight, what objectives you could create.. 2 airfields/FOBs is also important for PvP games.

But like Davies said - this is very ambitious project so maybe start with something small..
"Ahh...boobs. Bringing nations together, we might not understand each other always, but we all understand the language of tits!" - random Internet comment

Return to “General Discussions”