Frustrated with Arma 3 in any way?

Games, gaming industry, Steam Sales.. you get the idea.
Forum rules
Welcome to the "Other Games" section. Feel free to discuss any video games and games-related topics.

• Our general Forum Rules apply. Read before posting!
  • For general questions and support go to the F.A.Q. and our help desk.
  • Please check if your topic is already being discussed before posting a new one.
  • Do not link or otherwise share illegal content like pirated games or any copyright infringement.
Truly
Site Admin

Frustrated with Arma 3 in any way?

Postby Truly » 26 Jan 2015, 09:45

Please watch (listen to) this before you start moaning over the Internet. I back this up 100% (especially being software developer myself).
[youtube]Fh3webkCo4Y[/youtube]
"Ahh...boobs. Bringing nations together, we might not understand each other always, but we all understand the language of tits!" - random Internet comment
Brennan

Re: Frustrated with Arma 3 in any way?

Postby Brennan » 26 Jan 2015, 11:28

I must agree with Truly. This really does drive home a very important point, regardless of dslyecxi's personal experiences and feelings he also presents in this video. It is a well-known fact that to a quiet, moderate majority there is always a disproportionately loud minority of haters who can seriously spoil the atmosphere and - surprise! - do not help anyone. Not themselves, not the other fans / customers, not the issue / the product... In fact, you could probably replace "ArmA" in his presentation with any other topic.

One thing you should definitely take away from it though is to try and be more appreciative of other people's work. In the case of ArmA this does not only include Bohemia, who offer some of their work for sale and some of it (quite substantial things at times) for free. I also includes any modders whose work may not always be perfect, but we enjoy it as long as we want for free, we pay nothing - null, zero, nichts, nada, rien. And last but not least it includes our very own members working in their own time to enrich and improve our experience on the technical side. This means Truly, Doughnut and Duck in particular. With a new modpack soon to be released that is even more worth remembering.

Remind me to hand this out at the next unit meeting.
CPL "Kyle" Brennan
1/1/B/2-75 Rangers
S-7 Instructor

Return to “Games Center”